Shepherd Partnership Ltd is a friendly, long-established Chartered Accountants practice with offices in Skipton and Settle, Yorkshire.
We deliver a broad range of services to mainly local small to medium businesses including accounting, tax compliance and planning, auditing, VAT, and payroll services. We also now offer specialist HR support and advice to clients if and when they need it.
Website Link: http://www.shepherdpartnership.com
Led by Directors Alan Webb, Adam Dutton and Andrew McManus, our steady, highly competent and friendly 16-strong staff team offers a fully comprehensive yet personal and good value service.
We pride ourselves on being a firm that is compliant, reliable and trustworthy, and on providing our clients with a professional and approachable service. We genuinely care about the future prosperity of all our clients and have established long standing and solid relationships for over 40 years.
We don't just crunch numbers - we aim to provide support and assistance and to work with our clients to help them grow and prosper. Our core function is to deliver accountancy expertise to businesses throughout Skipton, Settle, the Craven Dales, Keighley and beyond.
Shepherd Partnership Chartered Accountants in Skipton was originally formed in the 1960/70’s. Since then there have been many changes to the business, including a number of practice names and partners.
Longest standing Director Alan Webb moved up from London in 1980, joining the firm at a time when there was still free parking in Skipton, beer was 40p a pint, and we still had Bank Managers! Andrew McManus then joined Alan in 1986, becoming a partner the following year, and Adam Dutton completed the current Director trio in 1993 becoming a partner in 2000.
The accounting services we provide include:
· Preparation of annual accounts
· Preparation of periodic management accounts
· Bookkeeping services
· Maintaining PAYE and VAT records and associated returns
· Assisting in handling tax authority investigations and negotiating settlements on your behalf
· PAYE and National Insurance compliance
· Self-assessment tax advice
If you own a business tax compliance obligations can cause concerns. If you’re worried about tax compliance, you’ve come to the right place.
We are committed to compliance across all aspects of our own business and those of our clients. Everything we do - from personal & corporation tax returns to PIIDs, PAYE to trust and pension schemes returns - is guaranteed to comply fully with UK tax compliance and reporting requirements.
As well as giving you the peace of mind that your accounts are fully compliant with statutory requirements, our experienced in-house audit team can identify strengths and weaknesses in the finances of your business, helping show the way to future success and profitability.
Our core auditing services include:
· Regulated audits for companies, solicitors, charities, friendly societies etc.
· Due diligence e.g. undertaking enquiries into prospective business acquisitions
At Shepherd Partnership, we know a lot about VAT. In fact our longest standing Director also specialises in VAT, so you can be assured of the very best advice and service at all times. In short, we make sure you are only paying what you need to, and that you are fulfilling your VAT obligations on time and without disruption to your business.
We can help you with:
· Going VAT registered – Is it right for you?
· VAT forms, rates, thresholds & Notices - Including VAT rates and fuel scale charges.
· Managing your VAT - Including charging & reclaiming VAT, changing or cancelling your VAT registration, and VAT inspections.
· Filing online VAT returns
If you have staff, managing payroll and PAYE doesn’t need to be an extra headache. At Shepherd Partnership in Skipton we run our own very successful in-house payroll bureau, which is managed by a team of specialist payroll personnel.
Through our bureau we offer support with a wide range of payroll matters affecting all types of clients, from those with single employee schemes to companies with in excess of 100 monthly paid employees.
We can offer advice and support with the following:
· Getting started with PAYE
· Payroll, calculations and form-filling
· New employees and employee changes
· PAYE online filing and payments
· PAYE forms and rates
· The latest HMRC changes and how they affect you
In association with Sarah Seastron, HR Consultant, we are pleased to now be able to offer specialist HR support and advice to our clients when they need it.
We can help you with:
· Contract of Employment reviews
· Production of new contracts of employment and/ or staff handbooks
· Advice and guidance on dealing with disciplinary issues
· Advioce and guidance on grievance issues
· General advice and guidance on all areas of employment law
· Help with introducing new appraisal processes
Telephone Number: 01729 823950
Station Road, Settle Shepherd Partnership BD24 9AA