Settle Town Council

If you want to contact the Town Clerk, Miss Rebecca Hill, or any of the Councillors, our contact details can be found below. You are also very welcome to attend Council meetings which are held at 7pm in the Council Chamber, upstairs in the Town Hall, usually on the first Monday of the month. There is no obligation to stay for the whole meeting and you have an opportunity to speak at the beginning, if you wish to do so. Why not come along and see what happens?

Dates for 2016


Monday 4th January 2016                    Monday 4th July 2016

Monday 1st February 2016                     Monday 1st August 2016

Monday 7th March 2016                          Monday 5th Sept 2016

Monday 4th April 2016                             Monday 3rd October 2016

Monday 9th May 2016                             Monday 7th Nov 2016

Monday 6th June 2016                            Monday 5th December 2016

Town Council Website

We have a Town Council website which includes agendas, minutes of meetings etc. It is a relatively new site and the Council would welcome any comments and suggestions for improving it. The website was constructed and is hosted and maintained, voluntarily by a member of the Council and a Parishioner on the Council’s behalf.

Common problems and who to contact

Footpath and road problems including signs: North Yorkshire County Council. Tel: 0845 8727374

Dog fouling: Craven District Council dog warden Tel: 01756 706399

Litter: Craven District Council. Tel: 01756 706374

Lighting: All three councils own lights in Settle, therefore the easiest thing to do is to contact Miss Rebecca Hill at Settle Town council Tel: 823617 and she will ensure it is reported to the correct authority. Settle Town Council is responsible for 166 street lights and we have a system in place to repair these quickly.

Miss Rebecca Hill – The Town Clerk Town Hall, Market Place, Settle, BD24 9EJ

e-mail: Telephone: 01729 823617 (Fax 01729 824379)

Rebecca is the Clerk to the Council and the Responsible Financial Officer and is also responsible for supporting the council in its work. She reports to the council as a whole and not to individual members. Formal contact with the council should always be through the Clerk.

This entry was posted in Settle Town Council. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Settle Town Council

  1. Sandra Heartwell says:

    Hi I am researching my family tree (Bentham/Settle) could you please advise me of any office/Libraries etc in your area who may be able to help or advise me.
    One of the addresses I am researching is Lodge Hall, Horton in Ribblesdale and also Manor House, Horton, Gisburn Clitheroe & Skipton.
    Thank you for your trouble.