Latest King Billy’s News featured the Town’s Celebrations earlier in the Month together with our special un-veiling feature at the Guest House – “Kyla” the Eagle On the Thursday the town square had various activities organised by various groups and organisations of Settle. We had “Post Cards to the Palace” – “Painting Portraits of the […]
Settle Town Council would like to invite you to provide a quote for the production of a development plan for Castlebergh Crag, Settle, North Yorkshire.
The invitation is open from today until noon on the 4th June 2018.
Castlebergh Crag is the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain. A zigzag footpath leads to the summit of Castlebergh Crag, which offers a great view point over the town of Settle. The Council are inviting bids to prepare feasible design proposals for the development of Castlebergh Crag, inspired by the principles of “outdoor education, art and activities”.
The council is looking for proposals to:
- Encourage greater use of the site by local people and visitors;
- Provide a space so that it can be used and enjoyed by everyone – regardless of age, gender or disability.
- Use the natural and woodland environment to provide exciting and challenging opportunities for children and young people to learn and explore;
- Celebrate the heritage and uniqueness of the site;
- Provision of a multi-functional green space that is spatially adaptable and able to host a diverse range of activities, from passive and active recreation, events and performances while still retaining a sense of place;
- Make best possible use of existing site assets including trees, topography
- Be maintainable with the minimum of cost;
- Connect the site with the town centre and other key relevant locations i.e. The Folly
Who may bid?
Any company or individual who are qualified and experienced landscape architects and can demonstrate that they have:
- Experience in producing feasibility studies and proposals for landscape projects.
- Previous experience working with agencies / organisations in producing landscape designs.
- Sufficient technical, financial, human and logistical capacity.
For the full quotation pack please visit our website www.settletowncouncil.org.uk
and the information can be found under ‘projects’ which is located in the Council Business menu.
Please could you advise the Clerk, Rebecca email@example.com
if you intend to submit a quotation.
: a day of stunning walks and trail runs The beautifully dramatic landscape of the Yorkshire Dales will be the setting for an exciting day of trail runs and walks on Sunday 21st August. Starting in Settle, participants can choose to take part in a 5, 16, or 26 mile walk or 5 or 16 mile […]
‘Engagement work’ highlighted in progress report Bainbridge, 28 June 2022 Many people have been helped to enjoy and better understand the Yorkshire Dales National Park in the past year, a meeting has heard today. Farm open days, outdoor classes for schools and volunteer-led nature walks were among the activities run by a wide range […]