Settle Town Logo
  • News
  • Council newsletters, events & broadband survey

Council newsletters, events & broadband survey

CRaven District Council LogoCouncil Newsletters

Craven District Council launched an e-newsletter in July for local businesses. Produced by the Economic Development Team, the e-newsletter is designed to keep our business community up-to-date on latest activity, news and information. Over 170 people have now subscribed and other services are free to make use of the e-newsletter as another way of communicating with our local businesses. We need a short article (70 words) plus a web link where they can find further details. If you would like to subscribe visit www.cravendc.gov.uk/businessnews.

There is also Community Newsletter and you can sign up at http://www.cravendc.gov.uk/communitynews You can view older editions of both newsletters on these websites too.

Do you have a good idea for your community?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, come along to one of our free workshop events. No matter how big or small your project, you can find out more what support is available locally to help make your ideas a reality. Whether you would like to set up your own community shop, pub or café, would like to start a litter picking group to keep your area litter free, would like to start a cooperative to bring down your energy bills or have any other good ideas that would improve the place you live then these events are for you.

Following the success of the two events held in July, Craven District Council and Rural Action Yorkshire will be running the events again in different parts of the district and will be providing information about how to create a plan for your community, advice about applying for funding and other support available from local agencies via the Craven Local Action Teams to help get your project off the ground.
Training events are taking place at:

  • 6pm – 8pm – 22nd October 2012: Sutton-in-Craven Community Centre
  • 6pm – 8pm – 7th November 2012: Settle Victoria Hall
  • 6pm –  8pm – 22nd November, Bentham Town Hall

To book a free place or for further information contact, Harriet Steventon, Policy Development Officer hsteventon@cravendc.gov.uk 01756 706290

 

Improving Access to High  Quality Broadband in Craven
A contract worth in the region of £50million to transform broadband infrastructure across the County has been awarded to BT by North Yorkshire County Council. The contract, under the name ‘Connecting North Yorkshire’ will have a significant impact on broadband access within Craven. Across North Yorkshire, the contract will provide broadband access in excess of 25Mb to 90% of the population. The remaining 10% will receive speeds between 2Mb and 25Mb.

Over the next three months Craven District Council will be supporting the work of BT with NYCC to survey infrastructure within Craven for a rollout plan, including likely speeds for each community and timeframe for delivery. It is expected that an early version of the rollout plan will be available by the end of September 2012. As part of the survey the District‘s businesses and residents are being asked to test the quality of their broadband at www.northyorks.gov.uk/broadbandsurvey

More News Articles

  1. self-learning

    What is English tuition for tourists and why is it important to study here? If you are going to the UK to study English, it is not unreasonable to keep in mind a list of basic questions to which you should look for an answer. Where? For whom? For what? Is there a difference in […]

    Read More
  2. What is learning

    Self-education: a family contract, a broken record? Interviewer. Good afternoon, dear ladies and gentlemen! In today’s article, the name of which is familiar to you almost by heart, we will talk about one type of self-education, which is called family education. We can say with confidence that family education is a very complex and capacious […]

    Read More
  3. Events in Settle - July on

    Events in Settle – July on

    Events  1.  Thurs 30 June: Last Settle Scottish Dancing Class for this term. . 7.30pm to 10pm St John’s Church Hall, Settle. Party night. Classes recommence on September 8th there will be a series of Beginners Classes starting. at 7pm St John’s Church Hall, Settle BD24 9JH: 2.   Fri 1 July: First day of the month “Walk for the climate” Malham Tarn Fen. 1.5 […]

    Read More