Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust – News Release Date of issue: 21 June 2022 Putting the buzz back into Bowland’s wildflower meadows Nearly 40 hectares of hay meadows were regenerated in the Forest of Bowland last year thanks to Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust through the Meadow Makers project led by Plantlife. This nation-wide project […]
Herbs, Healing, and the Land:
Kath Antonis, a local medical herbalist, is running in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Lower Winskill farm is in a wonderful location on the edge of the village of Langcliffe a couple of miles from Settle.
Inspirational courses with an experienced Herbalist
Three short courses focusing on experiencing herbs in their natural context, learning their uses, learning how to gather, prepare & use safe and effective remedies, & preserve plants effectively, for use through the seasons.
We will have the opportunity to work outdoors in inspirational landscape, learn the history of this land, see herbs growing through their natural stages, make & use remedies, and work indoors in a beautifully restored barn when we wish, or the weather demands.
More Information is available here : Link to Jo Rhodes Blog
- March 31st – Looking After Your Soil
- Your soil is the most important part of any organic garden. Learn about its importance, and how to create and maintain a healthy living soil for growing abundant crops.
- April 21st – Organic Pest and Disease Control
- Pests and diseases are a part of life in the garden, but chemical treatments are unhealthy and damaging to the environment. Learn about organic natural alternatives to make your garden thrive.
- May 12th – Salad Crops Through the Year
- Salads are easy to grow in any garden, can even be picked in the dead of winter. Learn how to have a tasty leafy addition to your dishes all year around.
- May 19th – Introduction to Permaculture
- Do you want to live in a more sustainable way? The purpose of this course is to give you a practical understanding of permaculture, some useful strategies and techniques for applying permaculture in your life, and resources for learning more about permaculture.
Rod Everett D.Phil, Dip.Perm.Des has being doing permaculture designs and teaching since 1982, and is the founder and co-ordinator of Middlewood Trust Centre, Wray.
- June 9th – Allotment Medicine
- Herbs have been used for first aid through the ages. Learn how to make your own remedies, and learn about foods as medicines. Kath Antonis is a local medical herbalist with her own practice in Skipton.
- June 16th – Planning Your Winter Vegetable Garden
- Veg gardens are not just for summer! Learn how to plan your garden to ensure you are growing a wide range of crops for winter harvest.
More Information is available here : Link to Growing with Grace Information
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust and Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority – Joint News Release Date of issue: 21 June 2022 All barns great and small! Dales’ ‘laithes’ receive a makeover Two field barns which helped make the Dales landscape world famous have been restored with the support of the family of the late All Creatures […]
An independent chair has been appointed to the Bradford District Health and Care Partnership to head up a new committee that will be responsible for making decisions about how NHS resources are used across the place. Craven resident, Elaine Appelbee MBE will be taking up the reins on 1 July 2022. The NHS West […]