What is English tuition for tourists and why is it important to study here? If you are going to the UK to study English, it is not unreasonable to keep in mind a list of basic questions to which you should look for an answer. Where? For whom? For what? Is there a difference in […]
Photography competition looks for Dales most-loved views
This is the last call for amateur photographers to enter a Yorkshire Dales Photography Competition – and be in with a chance of having their work exhibited and featured in a charity calendar.
With its spectacular landscapes, unique wildlife and vibrant communities, the Yorkshire Dales means something different to everyone.
The photography competition, being run by The Garden Rooms at Tennants and charity Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT), hopes to find and showcase photographs that encapsulate what makes the Dales so special to so many people.
Lindsay Wallace, marketing officer at Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, said: “We’re looking for photographs of the places, people and wildlife in the Yorkshire Dales that people really love.
“The competition is a great way for amateur photographers to get their work seen, and will also help us share this special place with other people who may not be able to visit the Dales at this time.”
Photographs from selected finalists will be included in a gallery exhibition at The Garden Rooms at Tennants in November 2020.
The overall winning entry, as voted for by the public, will receive a prize of photographic vouchers worth £100 and a Yorkshire Dales hamper, and will be included in the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust 2022 Calendar.
Eleven runners up will be selected by judges for inclusion in the calendar.
Alison Tennant, Director of The Garden Rooms at Tennants, added: “There are some exceptionally talented amateur photographers in the Yorkshire Dales, and we look forward to seeing the results of their creativity.”
The competition will run until 16 October 2020. To enter please visit http://tennantsgardenrooms.com/events/upcoming-events/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the competition can be found here: www.ydmt.org/photo
1: A welcome drink – Photograph by Les Fitton
2: Thwaite Village -Photograph by Peter Wilson
Both images feature in YDMT’s 2021 Calendar.
NOTES TO THE NEWSDESK
For more information about YDMT, please call Mike Appleton at YDMT on 015242 51002 or email email@example.com
About Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust:
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) is a small charity doing big things to support the people, landscape and wildlife of the Dales.
To date the charity has helped to deliver inspiring projects worth around £28 million in the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. These projects cover areas as diverse as countryside apprenticeships, supporting local communities, education and outreach, restoring woodlands and wildlife habitats, and improving access and understanding of this special place.
The Trust has recruited more than 50,000 supporters to date. Find out more at www.ydmt.org
About The Garden Rooms at Tennants:
Press Contact: Harriet Hunter Smart firstname.lastname@example.org 01969 621146
- The Garden Rooms at Tennants is one of the North’s largest multi-purpose venues dedicated to weddings, conferences, events, auctions and exhibitions, attracting more than half a million visitors every year.
- Purpose built and open since 2014, The Garden Rooms is a stunning and unique extension to Tennants Auctioneers, the largest family owned auction house in the UK, and one of the largest in Europe.
- Its museum quality galleries and exhibitions showcase fascinating, intriguing and ever changing collections and items in forthcoming sales, many of which are on public view for the first and only time.
- Tennants works with a wide variety of educational and cultural bodies including schools, universities and museums, often hosting loan exhibitions from museums. Past exhibitions have included a selling exhibition of paintings by renowned Northern artist Norman Cornish, the first ever exhibition of the furniture of Robert ‘Mouseman’ Thompson, and annual loan displays from The Bowes Museum.
- In addition to weddings and conferences, The Garden Rooms hosts a full annual programme of events with something for everyone – from musical concerts and lectures to family films, and of course more than 80 fascinating and fast moving auctions a year in the adjacent salerooms.
Marketing and Communications Officer
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust
Main Street | Clapham | via Lancaster | LA2 8DP
T 015242 51002
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust is a small charity doing big things in the Yorkshire Dales. Donate today and make a big difference to the Dales www.ydmt.org
Our work is supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery www.postcodelottery.co.uk
Registered Charity No. 1061687. Company Limited by guarantee, Registered in England, No. 3236813
Self-education: a family contract, a broken record? Interviewer. Good afternoon, dear ladies and gentlemen! In today’s article, the name of which is familiar to you almost by heart, we will talk about one type of self-education, which is called family education. We can say with confidence that family education is a very complex and capacious […]
Events 1. Thurs 30 June: Last Settle Scottish Dancing Class for this term. . 7.30pm to 10pm St John’s Church Hall, Settle. Party night. Classes recommence on September 8th there will be a series of Beginners Classes starting. at 7pm St John’s Church Hall, Settle BD24 9JH: 2. Fri 1 July: First day of the month “Walk for the climate” Malham Tarn Fen. 1.5 […]