One of King Billy’s (King William the Fourth Guest House) previous businesses was an Antique Shop, prior to being a Guest House at the turn of this century. The two front downstairs rooms where home to various gems of furniture and basically old things! So taking this theme we would explore what Vintage Shops have […]
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust – News Release
Date of issue: March 2023
Yorkshire Dales photography competition is back!
A popular photography competition and exhibition celebrating the beauty and character of the Yorkshire Dales landscape is open for entries.
The competition, run by charity Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) and The Garden Rooms at Tennants in Leyburn, hopes to encourage people to get out into the Dales with a camera and share photographs of their favourite landscapes and wildlife.
Adventurer and author Alastair Humphreys will be joining the judging panel this year to select 35 finalists, whose work will be included in a gallery exhibition at The Garden Rooms this June. As a Yorkshireman himself Alastair shared one of his favourite spots, saying, “My favourite views are being high up on the valleys above spots like Keld and Muker.”
Twelve of the shortlisted images will also be featured in a Yorkshire Dales 2024 charity calendar on sale from August 2023 at www.ydmt.org/shop.
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust’s Lindsay Wallace said: “The photo competition has become a great way for amateur photographers to get their work seen, in the exhibition and calendar. It’s also an important way for us, as a small charity working to look after the Yorkshire Dales, to help showcase this special area with some fantastic photos.”
The competition will run until 30th April 2023.
To enter please visit www.tennantsgardenrooms.com/what-s-on/events/ydmt-amateur-photography-competition-2023/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1: Alastair Humphreys and bike – Swaledale
2: Low cloud at Walden by Ken Readshaw (one of last year’s shortlisted entries)
For more information about YDMT, please call Mike Appleton at YDMT on 015242 51002 or email email@example.com
About Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust:
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) is a small charity doing big things to support the people, landscape and wildlife of the Dales.
To date the charity has helped to deliver inspiring projects in the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. These projects cover areas as diverse as countryside apprenticeships, supporting local communities, education and outreach, restoring woodlands and wildlife habitats, and improving access and understanding of this special place.
The Trust has recruited more than 60,000 supporters to date. Find out more at www.ydmt.org
About The Garden Rooms at Tennants:
Press Contact: Harriet Hunter Smart firstname.lastname@example.org 01969 621146.
- The Garden Rooms at Tennants is one of the North’s largest multi-purpose venues dedicated to weddings, conferences, events, auctions and exhibitions, attracting more than half a million visitors every year.
- Purpose built and open since 2014, The Garden Rooms is a stunning and unique extension to Tennants Auctioneers, the largest family owned auction house in the UK, and one of the largest in Europe.
- Its museum quality galleries and exhibitions showcase fascinating, intriguing and ever changing collections and items in forthcoming sales, many of which are on public view for the first and only time.
- Tennants works with a wide variety of educational and cultural bodies including schools, universities and museums, often hosting loan exhibitions from museums. Past exhibitions have included a selling exhibition of paintings by renowned Northern artist Norman Cornish, the first ever exhibition of the furniture of Robert ‘Mouseman’ Thompson, and annual loan displays from The Bowes Museum.
- In addition to weddings and conferences, The Garden Rooms hosts a full annual programme of events with something for everyone – from musical concerts and lectures to family films, and of course more than 80 fascinating and fast moving auctions a year in the adjacent salerooms.
ONE MONTH TO GO: Edward Sexton at his family-run business Glencroft in Clapham, Yorkshire Dales. Clapham-based country clothing brand Glencroft has been announced as a finalist in two categories at this year’s Yorkshire & Humberside Family Business Awards 2023, due to take place in a month. The family-run business which makes country clothing and […]
Having sampled the various options for a curry or something with a bit of spice over the years here in Settle. “King Billy” will give you the low down on what is on offer with regards to sit in restaurants just within a few minutes walk of the Guest House…Read More for locations and Contact […]